There are many advantages of stainless steel jewelry ! In addition to being very robust, this material is resistant to water, corrosion but also oxidation, rust and even humidity.
In addition to all that (which isn't bad, isn't it?) it is hypoallergenic , so it can be worn by all skin types, even the most sensitive and allergenic, the foot not ?
For this reason, stainless steel is widely used in jewelry: bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, etc. Thanks to all its characteristics, we obtain jewelry sets that are both luxurious and fancy, but also affordable, extremely qualitative and robust.
Despite everything, true to ourselves, it seemed important to us to point out, as always, that although they are very solid, stainless steel jewelry also needs to be properly stored .Jewelry boxes , trees and boxes are ideally designed and available endlessly, so take advantage of them.
- Stainless steel, this very special steel
- Grandma's little remedies for cleaning your stainless steel jewelry
- Soap and water: simple and effective
- A dose of baking soda and a little elbow grease
- Lemon and white vinegar
- The clean cloth: your jewelry’s best friend
- Cleaning products specially designed for jewelry
Stainless steel, this very special steelDid you know that stainless steel , known as “stainless steel”, has a very unique characteristic? Composed of an alloy of iron, chromium and carbon, it has the capacity to regenerate its protective layer itself in the event of external attack. In fact, he protects himself .
This characteristic justifies its longevity but also its resistance and the fact that it does not deteriorate, even in contact with water, sometimes aggressive products or perspiration. Ultra high quality, this material is truly a champion in its field.
The coolest thing about all of this is that despite all the advantages it has, it does not require more maintenance than its cousins silver jewelry, gold jewelry or fine jewelry. It's quite the opposite.
However, it remains subject to the accumulation of dust and other small residues that are not very aesthetic, so a little cleaning from time to time doesn't do them any harm either.
We've seen you lazy little jewelry cleaners! Yes, steel is great but you will still have to maintain it from time to time.
Grandma's little remedies for cleaning your stainless steel jewelry
Soap and water: simple and effectiveAnyone among you who doesn't have a little soap at home should make themselves known immediately! Cleaning your stainless steel jewelry is surely one of the simplest things to do. A little black knowledge, Marseille soap or dishwashing liquid and presto, that's it. This will be more than sufficient for moderately dirty accessories.
On the other hand, if your jewelry has not been maintained for a long time, we will give you other tips for cleaning it thoroughly.
With ease :
- Wash your steel jewelry with your favorite mild soap
- Rinse it thoroughly with clean water to remove all dirt and soap residue.
- Wipe the object with a soft, dry cloth until the moisture is completely absorbed.
- All you have to do is appreciate the cleanliness and shine of your little treasure!
A dose of baking soda and a little elbow grease
Baking soda is a bit like the product that is used for everything. Maintaining your home, your textiles and sometimes your pipes, baking soda is also the best friend of many of your jewelry.
In case you don't know it (this mistake must be corrected quickly), this natural cleaner is made up of small beads, so they will easily slip into the nooks and crannies of your favorite objects to make them stand out all beautiful and beautiful. clean. The best of the best!
Concretely this gives this:
- Mix a spoonful of baking soda with a little water to make a paste
- Gently rub your jewelry with this paste using a soft cloth, brush or toothbrush
- Rinse it thoroughly so as not to leave any residue of bicarbonate paste on the jewelry
- Dry your object well to avoid any leftover moisture.
- Once again, admire your beautiful clean object
Lemon and white vinegar
Like baking soda, lemon and alcohol vinegar are very good cleaners for your interior but also for maintaining your stainless steel jewelry. With these products, several methods are available to you.
The very first method is the fastest, see for yourself:
- Soak a microfiber cloth, clean sponge, clean soft cloth, or any piece of soft, dry, clean cloth with lemon juice or a little spirit vinegar diluted with water.
- Gently rub the jewelry using circular movements
- Rinse it with water and dry it properly until the moisture is completely absorbed
- Enjoy the sparkle and shine of your object
The following method looks like this:
- Dip your jewelry in lemon juice or the mixture of water and white vinegar, previously poured into a container
- Leave it all to act for a few minutes.
- Rinse the jewelry thoroughly and finish cleaning with a clean cloth
The clean cloth: your jewelry’s best friendA clean cloth and chamois are a good tip for making your jewelry shine and restore its shine if it begins to tarnish and lose its luster. This type of maintenance will allow them to rebuild a protective layer and therefore resist the various frictions, shocks and inconveniences of daily use.
This cleaning is actually a small ritual to perform daily. More than washing, it is mainly used to make your jewelry shine: with a small cloth or chamois, polish and rub your jewelry gently using small circular movements, child's play!
Cleaning products specially designed for jewelry
Other than grandmother's remedies, some jewelry cleaning products, which you can find in jewelry stores or at a jewelry wholesaler, are extremely effective.
Very effective against scratches, which is almost impossible to treat with completely natural products (although toothpaste is of great help in this type of case), their prices can sometimes cool, however, they are sometimes necessary investments .
Thanks to these tips and little advice, we hope that your stainless steel jewelry will regain its beauty and shine from the first hours. Timeless and timeless, if you take care of it, your steel jewelry will pass through the generations, leaving a small trace of you to your descendants.